Cable link converter RS 232-485
Serial converter RS 232 -> RS485 12 V with power supply and cable.
The 232-485 converter cable link transforms a serial communication from RS232 standard to RS485 standard.
For the RS485 standard the communication is half duplex type on 2 conductors (+ mass) and the communication sense is managed automatically. The RS232 signal is optically isolated from the RS485 signal and moreover, through the DTR (PIN4) signal coming from the RS232 connector or through a card jumper (JP2), the RS485 cable can be disconnected by means of relays.
CABLELINK is supplied with external power supply and power cord for 230Vac operation; the RS232 cable coming out of CABLELINK with DB9 female can be directly connected to a PC's standard RS232 serial port. On the front panel there are LEDs that indicate the status of
operation of CABLELINK.
- 100Vac - 255Vac power supply Using the supplied power supply
- Absorption 0.3 A Max
- Network frequency 50-60Hz
- Protection: 300mA self-resetting fuse
- External power supply protected against short-circuit. Use only external power supply provided
- External power supply In 100-240 Vac (50-60Hz) Out 12 Vdc +/- 2%
- Connect power supply only to domestic users
- Power 20 Watt
- Duration of use 300,000 hours
- Connector Plug Size: Standard type P2I: internal diameter 2.1, external diameter 5.5, length 12mm
- Maximum altitude 1000 m
- Operating temperature 0 ° C + 40 ° C
- Operating relative humidity 30% to 80% Non-condensing
- Storage temperature -25 ° C + 60 ° C
- Relative humidity of storage 10% to 90%
- Weight 0.5 kg With external power supply supplied
- Max dimensions Base 18 cm x 9.5 cm
- Degree of protection IP30
- Twisted RS485 data connection cable 2 pairs sect. 0.5mm² + screen to be connected (not supplied)
- Termination resistance not provided
- Permissible distances from CABLELINK to last RS485 cable point: 400m @ 30-19.2 KBd, 20m @ 115.2 KBd.
- With cable as specified above.
- RS485 cable connection terminal
- Cable section 0.2 - 2.5 mm² Maximum one conductor per pole. Use flexible cable with cable lug.
- Clamping torque for clamps 0.5 Nm